Pricing & Rental Information
Reservations are considered on a first-paid, first served basis and subject to space availability. Rental Applications will not be accepted without payment. A non-refundable, 25% retainer deposit is required at the time of signing and will be applied to your final balance. You will receive 10% off your rental fee if paying in full signing.
Final payment is due no later than thirty (30) days prior to your scheduled event. At this time, a 100% refundable damage deposit of $500 will also be collected. Applications made less than thirty (30) days prior to the event will require FULL PAYMENT of rental fees and damage deposits and other fees. Failure to pay the full balance by the deadline may result in cancellation of the event without a refund.
Retainer deposit are non-refundable. Cancellations must be made in writing, no less than fourteen (14) days prior to the scheduled event. Any cancellations made after the deadline will not be refunded.
All date and time changes must be made in writing no less than thirty (30) days prior to your originally scheduled event. Approval of a time change is subject to staff and room availability and may be subject to additional charges.
Damage deposits are 100% refundable as long as the following conditions are met.
- The facility is left in an orderly manner
- Use of the room does not exceed the scheduled time
- All equipment is accounted for and undamaged
- Additional staff time is not required as part of the rental
- Damage to the facility has not occurred.
- All rules and guidelines governing alcohol consumption as stated on the alcohol beverage request form are met.
- All rules guidelines governing rental usage of The Brookville Event & Music Center are met.
If these conditions are not met to the satisfaction of staff per these guidelines, an appropriate fee will be deducted from the damage deposit. If necessary, the rental applicant will be charged to cover any additional costs beyond the damage deposit amount.
Please allow ten (10) business days after the event for the damage deposit to be returned.
Our kitchen may be used by caterers for warming purposes only. No cooking may take place on the premises unless by a professional caterer with a licensed and inspected mobile kitchen.
The use of the warming kitchen includes the following:
- Ice Machine
- Electric glass-top range and oven
It is the responsibility of the rental applicant to provide cooking, serving and eating dishes, utensils, and all other items not listed above. You may not store any items in the kitchen prior to or after your event. It is the responsibility of the rental applicant to ensure the kitchen is in good shape before leaving.
Our room can be set-up in a variety of configurations with chairs and tables. We will help you plan room layout at the time you sign the rental agreement. When completing the room layout form, exits must not be blocked by furniture or decorations. As a convenience to you, BE&MC staff will place furniture according to your specifications prior to your event. Changes to the layout made on the day of your event will be the sole responsibility of the applicant.
The maximum capacity for this room is two-hundred (200) guests. It is a violation of state and local fire code to exceed this number.
EQUIPMENT INCLUDED WITH THE ROOM
(Qty. 28) – 8’ rectangle tables
(Qty. 6) – 6’ rectangle tables
(Qty. 2) – 4’ rectangle tables
(Qty. 20) – 60” round tables
(Qty. 1) – 48” round table
(Qty. 228) – padded folding metal chairs
(Qty. 1) paging system and wireless handheld microphone for announcements
(Qty. 1) permanent 15’x26’ elevated platform.
(Qty. 1) flagpole with American flag.
(Qty. 5) Coat racks with 21 ea. permanent hangers
(Qty. 1) cork board
(Qty. 1) Chandelier (color changing)
(Qty. 2) iced beverage carts
CHECK IN PRIOR TO YOUR EVENT
Upon arrival to the Brookville Event & Music Center, you must check-in with a staff member. At this time, we will conduct a pre-event facility inspection with you. This is necessary to prevent any disputes regarding pre-existing damage to the facility. If the renter will not be available for the post-event facility inspection, the person responsible for clean-up after your event must also attend the pre-event inspection.
LOAD-IN, DELIVERIES, AND STORAGE
All deliveries must occur during designated rental times stated in the signed rental agreement. Brookville Event & Music Center staff will not accept or sign for any delivery items on your behalf.
Rental applicants may not store any items in the facility before or after the event. All items must be removed at the conclusion of the event. Failure to remove all of your items may result in forfeiture of your damage deposit.
We are not responsible for any items left in the building after your event. These include items left by caterers, rental service companies, DJs, etc. We will make every attempt to contact the renter to inform them of unclaimed property. If items remain unclaimed thirty (30) days after the event, they will become property of the Brookville Event & Music Center. Disposition of these items is at our discretion. The renter and service companies are not entitled to compensation from such disposition.
CLEANING THE FACILITY
The rental applicant is responsible for removal of all decorations and food waste from the facility. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of the damage deposit, additional charges, and could also result in the denial of future rental usage. Any cleaning and/or repairs that require extra staff time and/or materials will result in additional rental fees and staff/material costs deducted from the damage deposit and/or charged to the rental applicant.
- DECORATIONS – No decorations may be affixed to the sound equipment or lighting fixtures. 110V electrical outlets for lighting strands are available above the chandelier. Please notify staff for assistance before attaching anything to the chandelier. Tacks, nails, staples and tape are prohibited everywhere on the premises.
- The only exception is blue painter’s tape and/or 3M Command Strips.
- The only exception is blue painter’s tape and/or 3M Command Strips.
- CANDLES AND FLAMMABLE MATERIALS – We prefer that guests use electronic candles. We do allow traditional candles and/or open flame devices but they must be kept in stationary, securely supported, non-combustible holders.
- Use of open flame may be denied at any point during your event if found to cause potential life-safety issues.
- USE OF CONFETTI AND GLITTER – The use of any confetti, glitter, birdseed, rice, dance wax, etc. is strictly prohibited and will result in the forfeiture of the entire damage deposit. The use of natural flower petals as decoration is limited to tabletops only. Artificial flower petals may be used on the floor if part of a wedding ceremony.
- SMOKING – Ohio law prohibits smoking inside the building and near entrances/exits. Designated smoking areas are available outdoors.
- PYROTECHNICS AND FIREWORKS – The use and of pyrotechnics and fireworks is prohibited on the premises.
- INSURANCE – Certain events may require the purchase of insurance. Please contact your insurance agent for more details.
- Alcohol may only be served if the event is by invite-only and you are not charging admission to the event. The rental applicant must provide the drinks.
- If alcohol will be served, we will arrange in-house bar staff for your event. We will include the cost of bar services on your invoice.
- Only Beer, Wine and Champagne may be served. NO HARD LIQUOR is allowed on the premises.
- The applicant is responsible for the conduct and behavior of the participants and guests involved in the rental activity.
- Underage drinking is strictly prohibited. Anyone under twenty-one (21) years of age may not consume alcoholic beverages.
- Alcohol service must end at least one (1) hour before the designated end-time of your rental.
- Serving/consuming alcohol without prior approval, outside the approved conditions, and/or in violation of any of the above rules and regulations may result in a citation by Police, Immediate cancellation/shut-down of event, forfeiture of damage deposit, and/or additional fees and penalties.
- We will determine if security guards will be required during your rental based on the presence of alcohol, estimated number in attendance, time of day, etc. We will include the cost of security services on your invoice.
- Any organization and/or individual wishing to distribute, serve, or consume alcoholic beverages during any use of the Brookville Event & Music Center is required to obtain host liquor liability insurance. As a courtesy, we will prepare the application for you and will facilitate payment to the insurance company.